Author: Marc W Dunbar
Edition: 5th ed.
Number Of Pages: 159
Publisher: Pineapple Press
Information on Single-family Subdivisions, Townhouse and Cluster Developments, Mobile Homeowners Associations, and Master Community Associations.
A homeowners association is designed to preserve the common welfare and the property values of the community. In a properly operated community, it does. In a poorly run community, it does not. The proper operating procedures are not difficult, but they are often overlooked or misunderstood. This manual provides a step-by-step explanation of the requirements for meetings, membership voting, and the necessary parliamentary procedures. It serves as a guide to help ensure that the association carries out its responsibilities fairly and effectively. You will learn:
- the concept and purpose of a homeowners association
- the rights and responsibilities of individual owners
- how to run effective meetings
- what documents you need for meetings
- the rules of procedure and proper decorum
- the role of the board of directors
- the role of committees